Thursday, February 28, 2008

Update 2/29/08

This was a pretty tough day. It's kinda difficult to explain it all without taking all eternity, but just pray for my mom's health. She was in some pretty awful pain this morning. Let me just be blunt - the diarrhea, radiation (in that very spot), and everything just has her raw, bleeding, and feeling as is she's being jabbed with a knife. Using the facilities is something we probably don't think twice about. The pain got way too intense today, so we tried to see the doctor when we went for the daily treatments. Unfortunately, he was no longer there for the day, but his PA was paged, and she gave us a prescription for something that she said would help with the pain. It hasn't so far, so mom is currently trying to sleep it all off. We do have an appointment tomorrow , so please pray that they'll be able to do something, anything to relieve this.

There are 7 more treatment days, and we're counting down like never before. Monday, March 10 is the day...it can't get here quickly enough! She'll still have the effects of this for 1-3 weeks afterwards, but at least at that point it'll be 'downhill.'

Humanly, we are at the end of ourselves. I can't help my mom with this pain, and she can't help herself. We are at a place in which we are relying completely and totally on God. We know that He is MORE than able to help as He has done so much already. We also know that His grace is sufficient. So please help me pray for my mom. Sometimes I feel like I ask God the same thing over and over, and then I feel like I've run out of things to pray. Lately I've just been saying, "help." I ask Him for healing, life, help, strength, grace, peace, comfort...I ask for Him.

I need Thee every hour, most gracious Lord;
No tender voice like Thine can peace afford.

I need Thee, O I need Thee;
Every hour I need Thee;
O bless me now, my Savior,
I come to Thee.

I need Thee every hour, in joy or pain;
Come quickly and abide, or life is in vain.

No comments: