Sunday, February 24, 2008

Update 2/24/08

Friday - my mom got to come home once again for the weekend, and that night was pretty uneventful. She was tired so it was good for her to be able to just rest in her own home.

Saturday - well, yesterday was not the best day. Not only was my mom fatigued, but she had stomach pain and had challenges when it came to using the facilities. Of course, that just wears her out more, so she spent the day laying down on the sofa.

Today has been okay. She woke up feeling a little better but still very tired. She's still having other challenges, but it's not as bad as yesterday. She's sleeping right now as I type.

It's heartbreaking to watch my mom's energy decline and even more so her health from the side effects of the treatments. I'm thankful that she only has 2 more weeks of treatments. That's right - 10 more weekdays, and this phase will be over! Then we wait several weeks and allow her body to recover before the surgery. So in the meantime...we pray. I ask God to relieve her of the symptoms, and I ask Him to give her the grace to endure what comes.

No comments: