Friday, February 29, 2008

Update 2/29/08 - Modern medicine is pricey

Last night was quite a night. With the diarrhea and the stomach pain, my poor mom couldn't rest well.

My mom's pain today got progressively worse. Her stomach hurt so bad she could hardly eat. We did get to see the doctor, who gave her Rx for pain. One of the prescriptions won't kick in for about a day or so, but the other did. Yes, at about 10:30 tonight the pain began subsiding. As we got ready for bed, though, we learned that her stomach didn't take it well - vomiting. It was only once, but enough to deplete her of the nutrients she so needs right now. That 'lil pain lollipop killed the pain at a price. Pray that the vomiting will stop - too much more will land us in the ER.

We decided to stay in Houston this weekend rather than make the drive to El Campo.

I think that's all for now.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Susy, it is very hard for me to read your accounts of pain and suffering by your mother. It brings back some very painful memory of my dad when he was in the hospital with prostate cancer some years ago. I want you to know I do feel your pain and very much want to be there with you to help however I can. Aleda and I are both praying daily for you and your mother. Susy we love and miss you greatly please let me know if you need or want anything.

Love dad