Sunday, May 11, 2008

Too Much Rice Pudding

So I've been in bed pretty much all day. Yesterday we celebrated Mother's Day for my Granny at my uncle Chris' house, and I must have eaten a bit too much of something. I woke up at 1:30 this morning feeling really nauseated, but when I tried to make it come out so I could feel better, there wasn't much there. TMI, I know. So all day today, I've had stomach issues and fever. NOT good.

Today we were supposed to be packing. Tomorrow morning we have to be at the hospital at 8 for surgery prep stuff. We then planned on spending the night in Houston just down the street from the hospital because Mom's surgery will be first thing on Tuesday morning (though we don't know exactly what time yet). What a way for Mom to spend Mother's Day - packing because I couldn't really muster up enough energy to help her. When my brother and his family came to see Mom, I did ask my SIL to help me at least pack my stuff so my mom wouldn't have so much. Thanks, Naticia!

I make it sound like it was a bad day for Mom...it really wasn't. I just felt bad because she had to tend to me somewhat. She did have great visitors, though, which helped keep her mind off stuff.

I don't know if I'll be able to access my blog tomorrow or before her surgery. After the surgery Tuesday, I'll do my best to post as soon as I can. In the meantime, here's how to pray:

-Peace - Mom hasn't had the best time with surgeries before, so understandably, she's a bit nervous about Tuesday.
-Surgery - Pray that all goes even better than expected, no complications
-Health - Pray that whatever it is I had today would be completely gone and that my mom won't have a hint of it.

I know there are other things, but I'm sure you can think of them better than I can at this moment. Thank you all!

No comments: