Monday, May 19, 2008

I Might be a Boring Daughter

Mom has been doing awesome! Yesterday was a great day and today has been almost just as great. She had a little nausea today, but other than that, things are going well. We're only waiting on the ostomy nurses to help us again with changing the bag, and then we're good to go. Mom is walking, walking, walking, and she's drinking, drinking, drinking - water and juice. Her magnesium and potassium waver a bit, so they recommended she sip on broths and stuff. She loves soup, but she doesn't necessarily like sipping them instead of water. So I'm trying my best to encourage her to 'snack' on soup and crackers. Of course, with nausea none of us like to eat anything. Overall, though, Mom is making great progress.

I'm trying to find ways to entertain Mom during the dull moments. Now that she's feeling so well, I'm trying to keep her out of bed as well because if her surgeon sees her in it, he'll get on to her. So we walk, eat, read (for the first time in my life reading is getting old), watch some TV...do crosswords...today I was packing up our stuff...it's really the only day that has been like this. Other days there are nurses, docs, people. When she wasn't feeling well, she would sleep. I thank God for the 'down' time though. It just means things are going really well. THANK GOD!

No comments: