Sunday, May 25, 2008

Need A Kitty?

Photobucket

This was Mom and me yesterday. We've been spending a lot of time outside in the little park areas by the Rotary House and the hospital. It gets pretty old being cooped up in one place, so we found a place where we've been spending most of our time. We sit or lay on the lawn chairs, eat, sleep, talk, whatever. Yes, the Texas heat it making its way, but with the breeze, it hasn't been too bad.

Mom has been doing more and more walking, but we're trying to find the balance of walking to get better and walking a marathon. Yes, the doctor ordered the walking, however, we know that resting is another part of healing.

On Tuesday Mom will get her staples removed...all 30 or 31 of them, and afterwards we can go home. She's not looking forward to the staple removing, but she's ready to be home. We were planning to go straight to her house, but there are logistical issues we need to work out. For one, their AC broke at some point while we were away, and the lovely people the insurance called haven't showed up to repair it. The other major 'issue' (or 2) is that of her cats. I had mentioned before that although my mom is really attached to her kitties, it's just better all around to find someone to adopt them. They had a taker at one point, but the person backed out...and on a side note here, can I just say how frustrating that is? "Swear to your own hurt and change not." God thought it was so important that we keep our word, that He put that in the Bible. I know, I know, I've done it - I've backed out on stuff when I'd given my word, but hopefully that was 10 years ago and have since learned not to do that. If you give someone your word on something, just do it. Swear to your own hurt and change not.

So back to the cats - they're Siamese kitties - a brother and sister. At first my mom wanted to keep them together, but it's really not a big deal now. My mom was especially attached to the girl kitty. She goes and lays on her lap when Mom is working in her office and lays with her on the couch. The boy cat isn't as sweet and doesn't always care for new people, but it just takes him time. After being around me just a few days, he wanted to come around.

Anyway, if you or anyone you know want a couple of kitties, let me know. If they're not gone soon, they may have to go to the SPCA. That may not be so bad, but it would traumatize them I'm sure. They've gotten so used to being spoiled by my mom...it's sad to think of them going off to the SPCA. I've always had a special place in my heart for animals...even cats.

2 comments:

Christine said...

Hello, what a nice picture of you and your mom; you both look fantastic! It's so good to read about how well your mom is doing. I'll pray the removal of the staples goes smoothly. The kittens sound adorable and I hope you find a good home for them. I'm praying that your mom has a complete return to her health and strength. Take care Susy

Susy said...

thanks for the prayers, christine!