Monday, March 01, 2010

Save Me

I got into couponing years ago, but I drifted away little by little. In my attempt to restart, I realized exactly why I fell off that bandwagon. I love saving money, and I love getting great deals. I love it when I can tell Nathan, "I saved $___!" Or "I found Xander great onesies for $1." The problem with couponing is that most of the coupons are for processed foods and items we don't use in our home. As better we ate, the less coupons I found to fit the foods we were eating. I can use a few of the coupons here and there, and I'll do what I can with the ones I find; however, they don't make coupons for carrots, celery, or spinach. I take that back. There actually was a coupon for spinach in yesterday's paper :0 But that's rare. Most of the coupons are for canned this or that, boxed cereals and toxic chemicals. We don't use that stuff. Sure, we'll have a box (or 4) of Corn Flakes here and there to satisfy my midnight cravings, but we just don't make it a habit to eat a lot of processed foods. So when will they come up with coupons for fresh food?

5 comments:

racheljenae said...

Have you checked out my brother's company website yet? You'd like it and on the Extra info page my sister in law did a couple videos that are super helpful...toxic free cleaning supplies and getting rid of ants...home remedies.

racheljenae said...

oops.. here it is: http://greenovationbuilders.com

Susy said...

no, i haven't checked it yet, but i will soon. and yeah, we're doing toxic free cleaning stuff already. love the stuff.

Missi said...

i feel your pain, sister
OH! But if you have a whole foods near you, they do have coupon books and weekly specials!
AND I DO NOT HAVE B.O.!!! I did stand at the mail box and laugh heartily. bring on the offensive post cards! LOL

Susy said...

this month they're actually opening a whole foods right around the corner. i've been waiting for this you know. i never wanted to make the drive when there's a central market just around the corner. now a whole foods. whatever will i do with myself.

ok - i have proof here that you asked for the postcards.