Sunday, March 14, 2010

About That

You know, I used to be really OCD about stuff. About life. About cleanliness. About everything. Got married and calmed down. Then as life happened I learned to calm down more because I realized that I was stressing out the people around me. I'm sure that I still have OCD tendencies and probably always will, but I've really chilled out. It's a good thing. Lately I can't even be around OCD people. That's kind of a problem. See, they stress me out now because I feel like I have to measure up to their OCD standards or whatever. Although I try to say that they have a problem and need to chill out, I'm the one with the problem. Pride, insecurity. The problem is with my insecurity. If I was really comfortable in my own skin, I wouldn't care about trying to measure up to anyone's standards. I thought I was over all that. Comes back to bite me. But I've also realized that as I focus more on doing what I'm supposed to be doing - loving and serving my family and friends - that dies down. Hmmm...

No comments: