Friday, March 12, 2010

BecAUSE we Are Crazies

So yesterday morning I had this great plan of how I was going to put Xander down for a nap, go to the grocery store and then take him for a quick zoo visit. Of course our best plans just never work out the way we plan...especially when you lock the bathroom door from the outside with the shower going. Huh? Yes, the door got locked while the shower was going. And then when I tried to shove, I mean very carefully (how do you do that thing where you cross out words? For the life of me, I can't do it anymore with blogger. grrr) the screw driver in there to unlock it, I knocked part of the doorknob off...the part from the inside...leaving me outside with a jiggly handle and still, no gettin' inside. Oh, and the shower is still going.

I don't know how it happened. The only door we lock is the front door. But it happened. And I really needed to shower. I smelled like funk I'm sure. And all my stuff was in there. Yes, we have a second full bathroom, but it still didn't fix the locked door problem. Thank you, maintenance people, for coming to our rescue.

Anyway, it wasn't all a huge deal, but I almost made it one. I really just had this plan in mind and was ticked that the day wasn't going my way. I wanted someone to blame, and I immediately started with Nathan, "Well, why in the world would you shut the door completely...???? blah blah blah..." Then I stopped. He was being so cool with the whole thing rather than being annoyed like me. He was so calm and collected. For the first time in who-knows-how-long, I made the decision to stop the nonsense I was pulling right then and there and make the most of the day anyway. I used to be a pro at that. Then something happened a few years ago, and my attitude began to stink. A lot. All the time. And it hasn't been cool. More on that soon too come.

But moving on. I didn't make it to the grocery store yesterday morning, nor did I make it to the zoo. I did, however, call an old friend/mentor/honorary Nini to my son and had a nice little lunch with her. I won't always be able to do this kind of stuff. Seasons change. More kiddos come. People move. I move. All those fun things. So I decided then and there to just live in the now. Enjoy the now. And love the now. And I did.

Nothing too extraordinary. But it was good.

2 comments:

missi said...

you can do the cross out thing with html code if you put it like this put one of these < and then an s and then one of these > and then type you want to cross out and close it with the same, but put the s like this /s
I had to type that weird so that it wouldn't do the cross out thing on what i'm typing. LOL
clear as mud?

Susy said...

got it. thanks!