Friday, October 24, 2008

These Chairs Aren't Made for Sleeping

We are still in the ER room waiting for a permanent 'home.' I refuse to focus on the negative, though, because that gets depressing really quickly.

My mom has actually had a little bowel progress, so that's good. That's really good news. She's tolerating the ice chips well, so maybe we'll do the clear liquids tomorrow.

Okay, and these chairs they have in the ER rooms are so not for sleeping. The regular inpatient rooms have the same chairs, but they also have these big recliner looking things that turn into beds. They're not bad at all. Well, they really need to invest into bringing some of those chairs into these rooms because the current chairs are pretty dumb. And they need WD40. If I move too much, my mom wakes up from the squeaking, so I try my hardest to sit here as still as possible. Oh but no more negative. Okay, so at least there are chairs to sit in, right? At least they let me stay here with her 24/7 because we'd both be a mess if I couldn't. And I'm finding ways to get up and move around in the chair without "Squeak! Squeak! Squeak!"

Oh, and some of these ER rooms are custom fit with these toilets that fit under the sink. You just open the cabinet under the sink, and the toilet pulls out. It's stainless stuff, and they keep it immaculate, so it's not like this dirty feeling place. The TP is on the other cabinet door. And the flushing mechanism - it's all a pretty cool set up. It definitely beats the bedside commode things. Way cleaner. Hey, just finding the positives. ??

No comments: