Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Driving

Our visit with the pain doctor seemed productive yesterday. He gave us changes to Mom's pain regimen, and we're just going to see how that works. She was pretty exhausted yesterday, and I'm sure that's an effect from the chemo. Today she wasn't quite as tired, so we went to her office where we stayed for a good 6+ hours. What's tiring is the drive - the 45 min drive there (and obviously the same to return). It's the same way when we go to the hospital, but that takes even longer - a good 75 minutes or even up to 90. From the time I got my permit and license back in the day, I've enjoyed driving so that's probably a good thing seeing as sometimes that's all it seems we do. So anyway, my mom is doing pretty well tonight even after the long day. Thank you, God!

You know, I was thinking - God is good. In the midst of so much going at different times, I don't want to fail to recognize His hand in my life and His work in javascript:void(0)
Publish Postthe lives of those around me. It's amazing to look back and see how He's ordered our many steps so intricately. Some would say that God is not involved in the decisions or choices we make, but I don't believe that at all. In His great sovereignty, my God knows all things and works those for the good of them who love Him. There are many mysteries, unknowns that are foreign to me, to us. Yet, I believe that's just part of it. I can learn to appreciate the unknown again. I used to love it and grew to almost fear it recently. My faith and hope, however, remain in God alone. The God who loves me with a passion that's indescribable and who I love so insufficiently yet completely. The God who holds my heart and loves me in spite of my uglies.

No comments: