Monday, July 14, 2008

Yesterday...

...all my troubles seemed so far away. Lol. I don't mean that. I can pretty much have a song for everything. In everyday conversation, people will unconsciously say a phrase or something from a song, and they have no clue why I'll go on to say something weird. It's not really weird in my head because I'm just continuing the song. They just think I'm saying weird stuff. Wow...I bet everything I just wrote makes sense only in my head...as another song comes to mind...

Yesterday Mom felt better than Saturday, but she was still pretty yucky. Have I mentioned she has poisons running through her veins (and still another song...stop Susy!)? You know why people go crazy...I was going somewhere with that. I got sidetracked and now have no idea where I was going...so just to say yesterday wasn't so great, but today has been way better.

With all the drama going on the past few months, I've not had an opportunity to talk about this, but I've wanted to for a while. You may have noticed my bald friend, Rachel, from a blog dated June 29 (click here to read it). Rachel was one of my childhood best friends, and back in March her mom was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer. She began treatments pretty much right away, and this Thursday will be her last one. HOW EXCITING!!! I've been wanting to mention Theresa (Rachel's mom), but I also always want to respect people's privacy when I walk about them. Everyone's battle is different when it comes to cancer, and I always want to be sensitive when it comes to stuff like this.

Today's good news - my mom is feeling much better AND Theresa gets to finish her treatments on Thursday.

My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

No comments: