Thursday, July 17, 2008

Frazzle-Dazzle

Tonight as I got ready for bed, I hesitated to put my things away in the bathroom cabinet. I hesitated and placed them back in the travel bags I use. In the past week, it would've helped to have those ready to just throw in a bag with a change of clothes just in case...just in case we had to rush Mom to the ER (which we did), or just in case I had to run to the LJ because my aunt was in a car accident (which did happen, and she is fine, thank Jesus). A while back I had this emergency bag ready to go. All I had to do was throw it in the car and get out. We had one for my mom as well. As I got more comfortable with her well-being, or better-being, I got lax about our emergency, overnight bags. Therefore, I haven't been prepared. I haven't been ready. We've been caught off guard, and my relaxed attitude caused us to lose a little time.

Now, I know that we can't always be ready. We will always get caught off guard at some point. Things happen unexpectedly, and we can't always be expected to have everything under control. In fact, we will NEVER have it all together...but that's for another blog.

What I was thinking about tonight was how in our walk with Jesus we can all get a bit relaxed. We can allow the craziness of life to distract us. Then if, no, when things happen unexpectedly, we get frazzled and don't know where to look. We look here and there and make sorry attempts to pull it together.

I want to abide in Him so much that no matter what unpredictability comes my way, that I can walk forward less and less tired and frustrated. Though I may get startled by so much and so many situations, God is NEVER caught by surprise. He knows. Not only does He know, but He has prepared a way through it. What is 'bad' and meant for evil, He has prepared in advance for our good. He is still sitting on His throne and fully in control whether or not it seems like He is.

'Nuff for now.

No comments: