Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Sweet Home

My absence was due to internet connection issues...well, lack of connection is really what it was. We came to my mom's house in El Campo on Friday and pretty much spent the weekend unpacking and getting settled. Since nobody has been living here since January, they cut off the internet and cable. It was just in the past day or so that everything finally got to working.

My mom was feeling pretty well on Saturday morning, so we spent several hours at my niece's swim meet. That was a nice distraction from the unpacking. Since then, Mom has been getting really tired. I don't know if the weekend caught up with her or what, but I do also know she's still healing and will be for a while. I try to remember what the surgeon told us - the healing is going to take a WHILE. It could take months, and it could get frustrating. That's why Mom needs all the cheerleading she can get. Where are my pom-poms when I need them?

We're getting ready to head to MD for her appointment with her oncologist. Hopefully he'll let us know today what kind of chemo cocktail they'll brew for her last round of it, and hopefully it'll be as mild as they can make it.

No comments: