Tuesday, June 10, 2008

It's Raining Outside

I watched the rain fall and thought about this - (please note that these are very premature thoughts...haven't sat on them for long...just my first observations)...

Rain - the purpose of rain for vegetation is nourishment. Plants cannot grow without water. Even though it doesn't rain every day,many plants are watered daily. Different geographical areas receive different amounts of rain during the year, according to its needs. The desert is just that - a desert, so it receives very little rain. Rain forests are the opposite.

Photobucket

God has ordained geography just as He has ordained how much 'rain' we receive in our lives. When it rains, it's for nourishment. It's so that I don't get dry. The hard times are so that I draw close to Him and continue to depend on Him as my source. Some seasons have more rain than others; some people have more rain than others at different times.

Sometimes rain can seem constant. In my case, I believe it's because my heart is so prone to being wayward. I am so prone to depending on me that the Lord must allow rain to fall so that I am constantly aware of Him, constantly aware that He is my source, my life, my all. I would die without the rain; pride would surely be my death.

So the rain - good or bad?

And here's one last thought this day - if I knew no rain or storms, how could I know the sunshine? If we knew no dryness, how could we love the rain?

No comments: