Friday, July 06, 2007

Spaghetti Squash

So we know that whole wheat grains are NOT the best choice. Unless they have been properly fermented, sprouted or treated, they have enzyme inhibitors which prevent us from breaking down the food and absorbing it. That causes us to get all kinds of intestinal diseases. Most whole grain products also have hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated oils. Those cause artery damage, which puts us at a very high risk for arteriosclerosis.

Well, I'm a big bread and pasta fan...as well as cheese (thus my love for pizza), but I don't want to continue to harm my lil' arteries. As far as breads and grains go, eat sprouted or be a super-hero like my friend, Chrystal, and mill your own wheat berries to make your own bread. (This, by the way, doesn't mean that all home-made bread is good for you. No, it requires a bit more than that.)

For pasta, well...there's sprouted pasta, but I had a really terrible time attempting to enjoy it. My preferred YUMMY alternative is SPAGHETTI SQUASH.


This is a tasty pasta alternative that allows tons of creativity. Let me know if when you try it out!

1 comment:

racheljenae said...

i'm loving your blogs cause they are quite informative on what i love,,, health... but don't have the time as of right now to research myself soo thanks. Oh and i was on a complete fruit/veggie fast for about 30 days (before i went to israel) and i think i may go back to it as a lifestyle i felt so good. I added in grains and rice based carbs, but that's about it... well a few dressings as well... i'm gonna have to try out that coconut oil too. Anyways... ya... may go back to it cause i was feeling sooooo great and cleaned out! I lost a good 8 lbs!!! and am eating constantly :)