Tuesday, July 17, 2007

BURN THEM ALL!

I am outraged! I waited a week to post this to see if I could calm down, but I'm as outraged as ever. Last week I spent quite a bit of time at a bookstore. I was looking through 'health' books and couldn't believe what I was reading. These days, anyone can publish a book about health. Yes, you can promote and recommend the most ridiculous ideas about health and have the book published. You know how? Get the big corporations behind you, and you can do whatever you want.

Liars! They're all liars! They tell half-truths and end up deceiving people about why we are actually sick. One book I picked up said this, "...studies have found that saturated fats cause heart disease...etc..." Guys, that's a half-truth. I continued to read to see if he ever finished that statement with the rest of the story. The author never did. The fact is, and I say that clearly - the FACT is that not ALL saturated fats are bad. We need some saturated fats, and one of the reasons we are so sick today is because we lack those fats. Ugh!

Another author was trying to convince the reading audience about how animal products are making kids go into puberty at younger ages, and blah, blah, blah. That's all that was - blah, blah, blah. Why? It's a lie because it's a half-truth. The FACT is that the types of animal products we feed our children aren't just laced with hormones and antibiotics; they are DOUSED with them. Animal products are GOOD for us when they're fed correctly, raised correctly, and aren't injected with poisons. What?! Good for us? This, of course, goes against the 'oh-so-great' vegetarian diets that we think are 'oh-so-great' for us. I won't get into why I will never EVER be a vegetarian, and I hope that we can still be friends if you're reading this and ARE a vegetarian. These days, I understand why people think it's better to go all vegan. Our animal products are practically poisonous, so I would do the vegetarian thing if there was no way for me to get quality animal products. BUT there is a way, thank GOD.

Then I read a book recommending that we should put our kids on a low-fat diet and give them soy products. Are you for real? You may be thinking that we should ALL be on a low-fat diet, given what you may or may not know. The truth is that we NEED fat...the right kind of fat that is. And soy - oh I won't get started. I'll try to post soon what I've learned about the ever-popular soy.

I get so ticked off when losers give people half-truths in books because THAT'S what keeps feeding the big corporations. They (as well as the FDA, the politicians, and all those other people) make so much money from us ingesting their 'health' foods and adapting their 'health' recommendations - it makes me SICK!

Do you know what their 'studies' are like? Well, I can't get into it much right now, but just know that most of their 'studies' are inaccurate, and therefore, their findings are inaccurate. How are they allowed to publish their lies? Because it's all about money. If you have the right kind of people behind you, you can do whatever you want. And all that they want is to make a profit.

So instead of letting the fire-starter in me lose in the bookstore, I took several deep breaths and walked out before I did anything crazy. But I say we burn them all - burn all the crazy books with the crazy information that is only making more and more profit for the people who don't actually want you to be healthy.

Oh, and before placing your children on a low-fat or fat-free diet, PLEASE call me. In trying to help them, that is only going to kill them. What IS good to do: quit feeding them all those donuts, chicken nuggets, and processed foods. That's a good start.

2 comments:

Scoundrel said...

Go Susy. I knew you were a book burner from way back. But now that you have made all of these claims you are going to have to fill in all the spots that you claim are false. I will be waiting for the next installment.

Anonymous said...

You rock susy!

Jocelyn (hey I am woman to leave my name!)