Monday, November 06, 2006

What an emotionally draining week last week was:

Monday – on a high from not having to work all day. Yes, I still enjoy my job, but there’s nothing like a day off.

Tuesday – really annoyed that it takes me 45 minutes to get to my running spot. What – does everyone get on the highway on Halloween night? Then I find out that my husband has cut his leg with a chainsaw. Don’t ask.

Wednesday – we get a call at work from a co-worker’s husband that his wife (co-worker) was rushed to the hospital and diagnosed with a blood clot in her brain and fluid in her lungs. At one point during the day, we received news that she had passed. As we were still processing those emotions and what comes with that, we received yet more news that it was false. Praise God, she was still with us.

Thursday - a couple of friends then called me with disturbing news about some transitions they are choosing to make in their lives.

Friday – I find out some close friends have gone into labor. Yay! Life!

Saturday – it’s my bday! Have a good run on the trail and then lunch with a pal I hadn’t seen for a couple of years. Good times. The evening was rather eventless, but it was the way I wanted it this year.

Sunday – the couple that had the baby on Friday receive tragic news about their new baby girl…

So it doesn’t seem like that much when I write it out, but I guess mixed together with personal drama it’s just a good pot of …life.

No comments: