Saturday, November 04, 2006

I am Job Hunting


So is there a job that would pay me to read whatever I wanted to read all day long? I’ve always been a geeky reader. My mom even had to teach me how to read at an unusually young age because I could keep her up all night reading me every book I could find. I still have not grown out of it. All I want to do most days is sit on my sofa with a blanket and a few books. At least it’s a good habit. As a good friend of mine likes to remind her younger siblings, “Readers are leaders.” I’m hoping that kicks in at some point.

For now, all I’m looking for is a job that will pay me about $1 MM per year to read books I want to ready every single day. So I kindly ask that you keep me in mind should you hear of a job with this description. Now I’ll get back to turning pages.

1 comment:

lindsayloo said...

oh my goodness. if anyone gives you the application for this job, make sure you send it my way, too. =)
i'm reading Marie Antoinette right now, and it's taking me forever, which drives me crazy, b/c I have about 6 other books I'm dying to read RIGHT NOW.