Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Ode to You

The longer I live in Dallas away from my family, the more I miss them. I would love to be able to call my aunt (more like a sister really because she's so young) to go on one of our shopping extravaganzas. I'd love to just go hang out with my brother, sister-in-law and the kids. I miss just hanging out with my 'cuz,' who's always been one of my bestest friends. And I miss my mom like crazy. On weeknights when I just want to call a family member to chill out, it gets difficult holding the tears back sometimes (yes, Susy cries).

You know what I do have, though? I have some pretty amazing friends who have become like family away from 'blood family.' There's nothing like tried and true friends with whom I can cry, laugh, and just be.

It's true - friends come and go with the seasons. I thank God for the investment each one has made in my life and continues to make as we journey through life.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Susy!

I love reading your blog! I have really missed you these past 6 months. I have thought about you soooo often.

Friends do become family. They don't take the place of your 'blood family' but they become family nonetheless. :-)

I can't wait to hang out with you again, I miss our God talks and how much revelation really comes through our talks. Deep stuff.
Love you mucho!

Jocelyn

Anonymous said...

OH this is how ive been feeling...i miss being around my family and i dont want to miss seeing my nephew and niece grow up.so i know how you feel. yes friends can be like family but the more i grow up and see how friends come and go in our lives the one thing i'm learning is that no one can ever replace the families we have...no matter how great that friend is! I hope today you felt the love of Christ!!! love ya and miss ya!! alisha

Anonymous said...

ah yes the family time.."it was the best of times..it was the worst of times.." lol. jk. nothing like seeing and spending time with the ppl u grew up with on a daily basis. family is irreplacable and friends are crucial. i'm so thankful for u!

p.s. we can maybe write a novel together someday..lol

jenn

Susy said...

joc - you're back! love ya and will let you know when i'm in the city of enchantment.

alisha - no, nothing will ever replace family, but i'm glad to have someone like you in my life that makes it easier.

jenn - yes! let's write the novel. we'll incorporate our drama (nothing can top it), and it's sure to be a best seller.