Thursday, November 02, 2006

A Break

Last weekend I’ve spent quite a bit of time with none other than me. I wanted to get away from the chaos so I did. I didn’t necessarily go anywhere, but I was still able to separate myself from the stresses and pressures of life to take a long overdue break. I even took a day off from work for a few extra hours of rest.

Nathan was away for the weekend, so for the first time in a long time I was able to just do the things I wanted to do without having to consider anyone or anything else. Yep, quite the selfish weekend it was. I read, browsed the internet, read, browsed more, watched football, and read. I did manage to get some cleaning in as well as some cooking and a few quality hours with some of the most quality friends I have (we’ll miss you big baldy).

At the end of my marvelous weekend, I seriously had to take a break and thank God for His perfect will and timing in my life.

I mentioned to a friend that I’ve been so selfish with my time lately that I really hope I’m not like that when the kiddos come. I’m enjoying this time as much as possible because I know that life will drastically change one day.

No comments: