Sunday, January 11, 2009

Ode to Granny

So today is my Granny's birthday. I don't know her exact age, but that's on purpose because I don't care to know really. She's always been Granny to me. Hasn't aged or changed. Well, not to me. I know she has, but to me she's the same Granny today that she was 10 years ago.

I was around my Granny quite a bit when I was a little girl and built such a special bond with her that no matter how much distance or time passed, that bond remained.

What makes her so special? Can't really put it into words. But I can say that what I appreciate most about her (next to her cooking, of course), is the heritage that has been passed down through our family. Though our family, like every other family, has had its crazy ups and downs, Granny has been a rock. She has been faithful to God and has never stopped believing that all of her children would come to know Him. No matter how bad it got, she wasn't moved.

So happy birthday to you, Granny. Thank you for all you've sacrificed, all of your prayers, and most of all - the great food.

No comments: