Tuesday, November 04, 2008

History

What a day and what a night, hey? Today I didn't care if I was like everyone else. I watched the drama unfold most of the day, except when I took my mom to vote and when my aunt brought over the best strawberry cupcakes with pink icing. They were huge, and I ate my entire cupcake. I love cupcakes because there's just something about enjoying your own delicacy rather than a slice from a big cake.

So you know what I was annoyed with today? Dumb emails from people trying to persuade me to vote one way or the other. Seriously? If an email is going to change my mind at this point in time, then we're in worse shape than I thought. And trying to tell me that I should vote this way because I believe in God or that way for the same reason is pretty annoying as well. We will always disagree on something. I mean, there are how many religions out there?? Even in Christianity, there are so many denominations - why? Because people disagree on something or other. Just my thoughts.

But you know what? I am glad that people are showing enough concern, and 10 years ago I might have been one of those emailers. Not only that, but I really do enjoy hearing different points of view. I've said it before, I love our differences because it's what makes the world go round. Hopefully, we can all be mature enough to look past those differences and love each other when it's all said and done. Love all.

You know what else was annoying? The ignorant comments people are making about either candidate.

So we have a winner, folks. And I'm still up listening to these anchors.

No comments: