Monday, July 27, 2009

Feathers

Have I mentioned that I have a serious problem? I have this crazy obsession with taking the feathers out of feather pillows. This is bad. And it's especially bad when I'm at a hotel and those pillows don't belong to me. They're someone else's property that I should respect and not vandalize. But it's just so hard not to, you know?

Okay, and I realized the other day on my way home from work that I'm clueless when it comes to newborns. I've been around babies before. I really have. My family is full of them. But I just don't have a clue. They say things will come naturally. Um, some things don't. That's why back in the day the older women taught the younger - because the younger can be clueless.

My stomach is sticking straight out, and I often hear, "Your stomach is so big for your body size." Lol. It still cracks me up, but yeah, from behind...nothing. Then BAM - stomach in the front, and it's getting heavy. Not so much wide-loading here but front-loading.

And no, no name yet for baby boy. Everyone keeps rushing us. I don't get the rush. Does it really affect everyone that much if we don't name him until he's born? ???

And yes, we're doing cloth diapers, and I thank all the wonderful people who have given me such great advice. And if you're one of those who just makes annoying comments about it, don't. Kindly keep it to yourself...otherwise the raging hormones get quacked out. It's like they got worse during this trimester. My boss can't believe how emotional and sensitive I can be. We're both D and C personalities - the demanding perfectionists. We don't take people's feelings into consideration very well. It's not natural for us. Not so these days for me. I'm a crazy.

1 comment:

Missi said...

Yeah, it doesn't come (all) naturally and you will do SO MANY THINGS WRONG with your first baby. LOL.

Are you prepared for breastfeeding? People kept asking me that, and I'd look down at my breasts and say, "Uhh. Looks like it to me." Yeah. THAT definitely didn't come naturally. I highly recommend the book, Bestfeeding. Read it before you give birth. For real.

Just remember to keep the bath water comfortably warm and to place the baby's feet in first, then their legs, then bottom, then back. They get less freaked out if their feet hit first. ;)