Sunday, July 26, 2009

Family drama - gotta love it. Everybody has it. I hate it. I'm not a very passive person most of the time, so if there's something to talk about, I'll do it. I'll bring it up. No, it's never easy, but I'd rather deal with it than pretend everything is okay and live fake lives. I think it's a load when people choose to live that way. It's wrong, and I refuse to do it.

Expectations - I've said it before - it's one of the main reasons we get so disgruntled with each other. We expect this and that out of someone, and when that someone fails to live up to that expectation, we get upset. I know it because I do it. There may be right expectations, but for the most part...I just have way high expectations out of people.

It's not all hormones, people.

On a happier note, I'm just about 36 weeks. People have asked if I'm having twins. It makes me laugh when they do. Someone said the other day, "You're just so big now that I can't imagine what you'll look like in a month." It's funny to hear people say that. No, it doesn't bother me. We're all different. We carry babies differently, so no matter how much weight I gain, it doesn't bother me. Being worried about that and silly stretch marks or growing cellulite seems way too superficial for me today. My baby occupies my mind a bit more. That and figuring out how I'll deal with labor. I'm a wimp. A super-wimp. God help us.

Oh, so did I mention that I had a really cool baby shower a couple of weeks ago? My aunt and my mom pretty much made it great. Yes, I brought together a number of people who didn't know each other, but they were all really great at making conversation with strangers. I have some fabulous friends. Anyway, my aunt, Ivonne, and my mom are pretty amazing. I just kinda sat back. Pictures to come soon.

Speaking of my mom - she's been doing pretty well for the most part. As I tell people when they ask, she has her bad days, but she deals with them and moves on. She certainly hasn't it let it stop her from helping me. She has come over and spend nearly every single weekend with me for a while, and we do baby stuff. Well, kinda. And we go to the farmer's market and this and that. I was afraid I would wear her out, but it may be the other way around. I can't even express how amazing it is to have my momma nearby right now. You have no idea. She's a rock star, a super hero.

That's all for now.

2 comments:

dixie-cricket said...

You're not a wimp. You're a woman. A powerful woman created to give birth! I was told I was wimp too, and I believed it for a long time. But I learned to trust my body and lean on God, just like you are. And I have never been the same. And neither will you!!!

Susy said...

THANK YOU. I mean that.