Thursday, September 12, 2013

Luke 18:16-17

I'm thinking about what a friend said - how it's difficult to trust when things don't match up and how children aren't yet jaded by experience and this world. I've been serving the Lord for some time now, so it's crazy and awful that I would doubt Him or His promises. It seems somewhat offensive, actually.

People call them stones or stakes or whatevers, but I've found that writing down answers to prayer
or ways that God 'proves' Himself helps me to believe in His faithfulness when things don't line up. Lately I can't help but see God's provision for our family as we do life with Nathan and our immediate families so far away. I've needed help with even small practical things, and I've seen first-hand how the Lord has orchestrated ways in which I've been able to get that help.

God's faithfulness is all over us. We're able to see it more clearly when we get our heads out of our bottoms and start thanking Him for the obvious. He can and will open our eyes to see His grace.

I tend to ramble and give way more detail than is necessary. In fact, I just deleted about 3 paragraphs I'd written about God's faithfulness to us right now. It's too much, but I'll say this - we can prove and trust Him. Things don't always work out the way I want them to, but they work for our overall good and to His glory.

I was singing this at the top of my lungs yesterday while 'fighting' with my 22 - mo old at naptime. The strong-willed baby who isn't moved by discipline finally gave in because apparently the top-of-my-lungs singing is obviously not very pleasant (even though to me it sounds like a mix of Beyonce and Celine):

Jesus, Jesus how I trust Him
How I've proved Him o'er and o'er
Jesus, Jesus precious Jesus
Oh for grace to trust Him more.

No comments: