Friday, June 05, 2009

Do It Anyway

So a couple of months ago I was around some really annoying people. Well, maybe it wasn't the people but the poor, little people produced by these people. I felt bad because I don't want to raise annoying children. I hate to even say that about anyone. It's just that when kids aren't disciplined, you can totally tell. But what about when you do discipline them, and they act like terrors anyway???? What then????? Ugh...I'll make more mistakes than anyone when it comes to that I'm sure. I know I will. But people, please kick me in the head if I don't discipline my children. It does, after all, mean that I love them. Anyway, I don't want the whole world to not want to be around us because our kids are so obnoxious. At least we'll love them, right??? How scary is parenting?!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!

And how about I met a couple whose 10 or 11 year-old daughter had no clue what breastfeeding was. She saw a lady breastfeeding for the first time the other day, and she freaked out. Remind me to live in a way that my kids know that's normal.

And how about when people call you to see how you're doing, and for about 42 minutes they talk about themselves and their boringness...I mean their...something?

But how about husbands who listen to you when you're crying for no apparent reason? Thank you, hormones. Or when they listen to you cry over the ducks that are crossing the road that will probably get run over, but you can't stop and help them because you're already running late? Or husbands who are totally supportive of you even after you say mean things to them? Oh, and then they apologize when they don't even have to...

This stuff is for real yo.

5 comments:

sk* said...

I PROMISE I'll tell you IF your child is obnoxious! :-)

Lance said...

Your blogs seriously make me laugh out loud. The last paragraph, women must all share those things in common. ha.

Susy said...

sk - thanks. i know you'll be tactful about it.

lancer - we do share those things in common. hormones. i was in a class today and almost started crying while we were talking about when to use semi-colons...i think because i randomly thought of a song. we're crazies. hey, and i wanna see you guys.

Missi said...

You should know that all four year olds are obnoxious, unless they are rude enough to be "shy". Which is also obnoxious. I have always been irritated by other people's four year olds, and now I have one, and they truly never stop talking. GEEZ!

The good thing is that in just one year they turn five and develop a filter between their brain and their mouth. Arwen is A L M O S T there! I can't wait! LOL

And yes, you will make many many mistakes. I remember when Arwen was a baby I baulked at a mother who gave her 10 month old a potato chip. Now I completely understand. ;)

Susy said...

missi - 4 year olds obnoxious? see, i always thought it started at like 7 or 8. other people's 4 year olds haven't gotten to me...yet. it's the older ones i just don't know what i'm supposed to do with.

arwen would probably crack me up. but then again, she's not mine 24/7.

wow, a 10 month old a potato chip. unfortunately, mine has already had them, and he's still only 'gestating.' that and all the other things i wouldn't want my children to eat - cinnamon rolls, all kinds of sugar, white flour, ...apple jacks...and my list grows.

glad i'm not alone.