Thursday, August 21, 2008

Attack of the Crazy Ants

My drama today - killer ants. So this morning when my mom & I opened the doors to her car to drive to her office, the crazy ants were EVERYWHERE - inside and outside the car. I haven't mentioned these crazy ants, but they really are crazy. They're these little ants that look like fire ants (but aren't), and they run around like little crazies. Seriously. So we went to the car wash, washed and vacuumed the car, and after sweating profusely, went back to her house to get cleaned up and get the rest of our stuff. By the time we got back outside and opened the car doors again, the ants were back at it again, and this time they were even worse. So I haven't really researched them, but I did find this article on them. Apparently they're taking over the Houston area. Awesome. Oh, at the end of the article, a couple of people comment on it, and one says this, "I can't believe 'Ants' are the headline story for the 4th largest city in the country. Must be a slow news day." This ignorant person has no idea. None.

My issue today - cowards. So really, if you have an issue with me, just tell me straight to my face. Telling other people about it and having them tell me is a pretty cowardly way to deal with it. I now see that Jesus was onto something when He talked about how to deal with confrontation. He doesn't want us to grow up to be complete cowards. :) Okay, and this actually had nothing to do with me, but for others' sakes, I just threw that out there.

My sadness - two days ago an accomplished jazz musician who is dear to my heart passed unexpectedly. We will miss you and what you brought to us. You make me want to "stay...for a while."

No comments: