Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Update 4.9.08

Yesterday was a relatively good day for Mom. It was a tiring day for her, but other than that it went well. In 'went well' I'm mainly referring to her eating. She ate little bits of food throughout the day, and we were all so well pleased by how her body was responding. I think this means she's healing well on the inside, and we'll just continue this trend until we're able to wean her off of the TPN. The TPN pharmacist spoke with her yesterday and did stress going slowly so that she wouldn't take any steps back, and he also let us know that we need to keep track of all of her intake including liquids. He just needs to be able to adjust the TPN accordingly (of course, they'll also adjust it according to her weekly lab results).

Later on this morning I'll also head to Kansas for a few days to pick up some clothes and a few other things. It's a bittersweet morning because I'm so looking forward to seeing my hubby...yet...I don't like leaving Mom even for a few hours, much less several days. I know she'll be fine; I'm just used to being with her all the time.

No comments: