Friday, April 18, 2008

Update 4.24.08

Wow. Well, I do apologize for my delay (once AGAIN) in responding to emails, texts, phone calls, and all other forms of communciation. I did make it to Kansas, and I did make it back...the following Monday (Apr 14) for my mom's appt.

So on to business - Mom had an appt with her oncologist yesterday, and he said things are going well. He wants to begin weaning her off of the TPN since she's eating so well on her own and gaining weight (up to 98.6 lbs).

From the time we left the doc's office yesterday to now, we've been receiving calls from his office, the pharmacist (who determines exactly what Mom's TPN requirements are), the surgeon, um...and I'm sure other medical people I can't think of at the moment. The bottom line is, they're all working together to figure out when to remove the TPN, AND (drum roll please) they say that she's pretty much ready for surgery and want to go ahead and schedule it. They've given us a tentative date, and we'll meet with the surgeon tomorrow morning so that he can see for himself how ready Mom really is. He'll let us know.

Oh, one of the calls from earlier today was to let us know that after Friday night's TPN, she no longer needs it. As for the PICC line, I'm really not sure when they'll remove it.

So...before Mom's appt, we went with my aunt (with whom we're staying at the time) to the doc, and she has DCIS, pre-cancerous tissue in her breast. She'll have surgery Monday, so pray that all goes well and that they remove every single bit of it. My aunt, Janet, may have to undergo radiation as well...but we'll see.

...and just a lil something ...Mom, Naticia (my SIL), and me a couple of weeks ago:

Photobucket

No comments: