Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Update 4.1.08

So I lied when I said I would post something yesterday. Even though things have slowed down for us, it's still difficult to find the extra time and even energy to blog. I do have some pictures I want to post and will do so soon.

The past couple of days have been pretty good days here. Mom has asked for her pain medicine less and less, but she constantly thinks of and wants some solid food. We're hoping that during her doctor's visit tomorrow, he'll let her go on a few solids or at least blended food. Mom has lost more weight. Yesterday she weighed in at 89 lbs. Yikes! We are all eager for her to eat some real food to gain a little weight. The TPN isn't designed to add weight to her body, but losing it is something that is unexpected, so we'll see what the doc says tomorrow. The pharmacist in charge of Mom's TPN called today to see how things were going, and said that he'll wait to hear from the doctor about increasing the calorie count in her bag.

So back to solid food - yes, we'd like for Mom to be able to have some, but we also know that we must be very cautious about it because if the inflammation in her intestines hasn't gone down, solid food will just mean pain, pain, pain trying to go through them. She gets gas from all this stuff (I know, tmi), and even just gas is terribly painful for her.

How to pray:
-positive news from the doctor about the intestinal inflammation
-rest - Mom still gets up almost hourly, and so our rest is somewhat disturbed. I'm still having trouble going back to sleep once we're up. It seems mom still has 'weird' dreams. I can't figure out of it's the pain medicine or...what.

Thank you all for you love and prayers. You encourage me so much!

No comments: