Friday, June 01, 2007

the move...

...was almost uneventful. it all began on friday, may 25 at 3:22 a.m. i woke up and after fueling and purchasing the largest coffee available, i drove from lake jackson to dallas to attempt a finish at the packing before my mom and her husband, louis, made it to my apartment later that morning. i made it to dallas shortly after 8 and hurriedly took down the shower curtain and continued the packing.

now understand that my mom had called me the prior week to let me know not to rent a u-haul because louis had a trailer that they believed would fit all of our stuff. now i had never seen this trailer, but they were convinced that with tarps everything would be fine even in the rain.

well, wouldn't you know it?? it rained on and off on friday as we were loading and even driving. nathan wasn't able to get off work to help, but i reassured him that i had the help of some trusty friends. without their help, we wouldn't have been able to get it done. so after 6 or 7 hours of loading and all that fun stuff, we finally pulled away from dallas...still in the rain.



we made it to my aunt's house in northwest oklahoma sometime after midnight. just before going to bed at 2 a.m., i walked out with my uncle to get a couple of things from my jeep. he noticed that my mom had left her inside light on. we noticed that when he went back outside to turn it off, it took him quite a while. when he finally came back in, it turned out that there had almost been a fire in my mom's vehicle. we had stuffed some of the sofa cushions in the back, and one of them had turned on the back, inside light on without her knowledge. it stayed on the entire time that we drove from dallas to fairview, ok. it burned a whole in our sofa cushion, but THANK GOD that was all. things could've been worse.

we finally made it to kansas around 7 on saturday, may 26. i can't begin to say how amazing it was to see my husband after not having seen him for over 8 weeks.

we're settling in now, and i'll have more time to blog about the great kansas adventures...i'm already a country girl...almost...

special thanks go to those who were there helping pack and also load. i can't tell you how much i appreciate you!!!

i miss my friends and fam like crazy, but i'm at peace knowing we're in God's will.

...more to come...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah the rain, Sonic, and the trailer, such memories.

racheljenae said...

yeahhhh!!! I'm so excited for you!!! And I have other friends and family up that way soooo i'll just have to stop in sometime :) big news i have to tell you too... so i'll call you soon! love you!