Saturday, June 09, 2007

country bumpkin

i wrote this on wednesday:

This has been another great week so far. Yesterday I went into town (I actually have to use that term now – going into town) to take care of some errands. After the errands,
I stopped at a little bookstore where they actually buy and sell used books. I could’ve spent hours there just looking through some of them, but I was good and left with only one book. It was a $2 book at that, so I couldn’t pass it up. I’m looking forward to maybe making this a weekly visit to the little place.

When I was finally out of there I did it – I went to the driver’s license office and became an official Kansan by getting my Kansas driver’s license. The temporary license issued is so much better than the Texas temporary licenses because you actually get to see your picture right then and there. If it’s not a good one, you can ask to re-take it. The lady didn’t actually ask me if I liked mine like she did other people…but I’m sure it’s because…it was okay??? Who knows, but anyway, that’s points for Kansas.

Today was great because I made my way to Green Acres, a Whole Foods-type store where they actually sell organic food. I was so excited to be there that I ended up spending over 2 hours there. Those stores are like home to me – love it. Green Acres is smaller than Whole Foods, but it’s just as great.

Tomorrow I’m heading to Alma, Kansas with the MIL and Grandma Elsie. What’s in Alma? Well, none other than Grandma Toby’s (sp?) house. Grandma Toby is the MIL’s grandma. The MIL’s sister will also meet us there, and we’re sure to have a wonderful girl time. I hear it’s a neat old house with lots and lots of memories. We’ll come back on Saturday morning in time for me to see hubster.

The MIL wants to jump on the health wagon with me, so after we return from our trip this weekend, we’re jumping in this together. I’ll finally get back to my better eating habits and get back on track. I’m also scouting out some other health food stores and local co-ops. We’re also talking about our own organic garden next year…hmmm…

No comments: