Thursday, October 27, 2011

How God Uses the USPS

So I hate to complain about services like the USPS because I think it's pretty amazing that we can write a letter, put a stamp on it and get it across the country in a matter of days. A very wise lady tried to instill something like that in me when I was younger...not to complain about things like that.

HOWEVER, I am TICKED. How is it so difficult to forward mail from one address to another? It shouldn't be, but in our case it has been ridiculously ridiculous.

Nathan almost didn't get to leave because of the mail people. He'd been waiting on an important document that he'd been working on obtaining for over 2 months. For some reason, he couldn't get it emailed so we were depending on the USPS to deliver it in a timely manner. It never came. And his recruiter said that because it was a breach of contract, he would most likely have to start the process over. We were already making plans for that. We thought, "At least he'll be at the birth." The only thing is that we were gonna have to find a place to live fast. Well, low and behold for some reason the people decided to email the document at the very last minute...the last weekday before Nathan's departure. Last minute.

Keep in mind that I'm over 35 weeks pregnant (or something) when all this is taking place. Hello instability. That whole trust thing again.

Well, a week ago Nathan mailed some important documents to me from the Army. Insurance paperwork I need and can only get with some of the stuff that's in the packet he sent. I need that stuff. Yeah, stuff still not here. Nor have I received anymore mail...from anywhere.

Keep in mind that I'm almost 37 weeks pregnant and need this paperwork, and I'm hormonal.

So I decide to keep it Christian when I go to the post office and speak with someone. The lady was nice but couldn't really give me any answers as to where my mail could be. I contacted the old post office. Though the lady there was nice, she didn't have anything either. They both notified the specific mail couriers about the situation, but I still don't have my mail, and they still don't have answers. What the heck is going on?

Here's the thing - in both situations in which Nathan & I have needed these documents, we've done all we could, and our hands have been tied. In a way, it's somewhat relieving because that means Jesus, for the sake of HIS name, is going to have to show Himself through it. But it doesn't make it any less comfortable when it's all happening. That whole trust thing. Blah.

If I really believe what I say I believe - that God is sovereign in all things and works all of these things together for a reason, then I have to just REST in that and move on. And I have to trust that He'll do it in His time...just in time. Kinda like with Abraham and Isaac and the ram. That whole last minute thing...it used to thrill me because of the risk in it all. The excitement of it. Yeah, not so much these days. I think mainly because of the insecurity of not having Nathan right here right now. I may be a 'fix it,' 'get-er-done' kind of gal, but I have learned to rely HEAVILY on Nathan's God-given wisdom. It's just there - it's simple but so very profound to me. I believe it's a gift God gives to the leaders of the home. I can so complicate things, but he can just come right out with the most basic answers, and it seems genius to me. I can't emphasize how much I depended on that. When it's not here, I doubt myself.

That whole trust thing.

Well, for now I just wait. Wait on the mail to work itself out. Keep calling and bugging and try to figure out what to do next...but once my hands are tied, I gotta let the stress of it go. *sigh*

I need a good day, Jesus.

No comments: