Wednesday, October 26, 2011

For the 1st time in about 13 years...

Leading up to our move and all of the changes that would be taking place in October, there was lots going on. Lots. Two weeks before we needed to be out of our house, I had to work a week-long conference during which we basically move into a hotel for a week. I had never been away from Xander for more than just a few hours (never overnight), so he and Nathan came and spent a few nights with me. It got super-busy for me a couple of days there, though, so they spent a couple of nights away...way weird.

The weekend before the conference I had to pack what I could and then separate clothes. And you must understand - I'm pregnant and I live in Texas. This means the weather could unexpectedly change at any moment without notice. So it's October, and again, we live in Texas...which means I need summer and fall maternity clothes...as well as some winter stuff since baby will come in November. Then it also means after-baby clothes...and...well, it just gets complicated. Not to mention work clothes for 1 week for the conference...

...get what I was dealing with?

Oh, and then there's the house to pack.

So the packing I could do got done, I worked the conference, got home on Friday and got ready to move Saturday & Sunday. And it still wasn't all done. Then one week trying to tie up loose ends before Nathan left the following weekend. Whew.

Our stuff is in storage, and I'm living in a bedroom at my mom's place until we can move with Nathan. We don't know exactly when that will be.

All that was just an intro to my day. So now you kinda understand the craziness we were dealing with during the past month or so.

That leads to today. I had an appointment with my midwife and had made plans to visit the house one very last time mainly to check the mail then drop off the keys. The appointment went well, and I headed towards the house. I'm driving in a construction zone, and I don't really make much of the cop using his radar gun to check for speeders. A pet peeve of mine - speeders in construction zones. My hubby used to work construction, and PEOPLE, they have lives too!!! I do notice, however, that he raised his sunglasses as I passed him, and he immediately got into his patrol car...and followed me...and stopped me. What?! Oh yes, he did. Why? I'm glad you asked.

The great state of Texas requires an annual inspection to check for emissions blah blah blah. We had been so crazy busy that we didn't make inspection a priority in the vehicle I was driving. I had mentioned it to Nathan, but we just never did it.

Ok, back up to yesterday. Funny - yesterday I actually took said vehicle to get inspected, but it failed because the tread in one of the tires was too worn to pass. So I had planned to get all tires changed anyway, but remember - I had a midwife appt and other things going on today. What were the chances of me getting stopped today?

Yeah, well, it happened, and the jerk cop had no sympathy for my sob story. Yes, I cried. I'm pregnant, hormonal, and I miss my husband. Mr. Copman didn't care. At all.

So after getting home from all the stuff I had to do, I still had tires to get changed and a car to get reinspected. All is well. It all worked out, but I still have a stupid ticket to take care of. It has literally been one thing after another. What gives?

Oh, and our mail isn't being forwarded. I'll save my USPS complaints for tomorrow.

3 comments:

THE Princess Bombshell* said...

:(

*HUG*

It all sucks.

Did you know we got a ticket as soon as we entered into Texas?

You must be so overwhelmed. Yes, it will all work out. But, STILL! What a pain to deal with!

I feel ya homegirl.

Susy said...

The most overwhelming part of it? The mail not being forwarded the past 2 weeks and me really needing some ppwk nathan sent a week ago...time-sensitive insurance ppwk. Government ppwk that I NEED to complete before baby comes. I'm missing all my mail, and the usps has no clue where it is. Tomorrow morning I go in person and deal with that part. Ugh

THE Princess Bombshell* said...

Go kick some USPS ass!