Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Tonight

After my weirdo morning, the afternoon...well, it remained kinda weird. My son didn't want to nap. He went hours without napping. After a final nursing and sleeplessness, I finally packed him up and headed out the door...in the car seat that is. If he's fed and tired, he'll fall asleep in no time. Sure enough, it worked. And it was good. It gave me a chance to drive around a neighborhood we skipped when looking at lights the other evening.

Then we got home, I got a few things done before Xander woke, and we did the evening routine...which I'll discuss in a later blog. But as a side bar - I'm not the scheduling kind when it comes to him. Yes, we have a routine somewhat, but I'm not a babywise kind of gal who schedules everything for my child...odd for a perfectionist, type-A choleric. Anyway, while nursing him, I began to feel overwhelmed...good overwhelmed at everything in my life. I looked at the lights on our half-done tree, the nativity scene underneath...next to the big, red box to represent the Person of the season...and the THREE stockings hanging on the wall.

God has been so good to us.

This kid melts my heart.
Photobucket

No comments: