Tuesday, December 22, 2009

...and 2 hours later, the coffee cake is finally in the oven. It's past 12:30. I'm still in my pj's. I haven't had a shower. There's flour all over my counters, there's brown sugar on the floor (yes, I'm baking with sugar) as well as a paci (no, he still won't take it. It's his teething/chew toy. I've been in the mood to bake a coffee cake for a couple of weeks. I know I only have 1 child, but timing it with his overactive craziness is just plain hard. I've been feeling guilty about it - not being able to get done as much as I used to. I mean, there are moms with 4+children who can get the world done and then some. Well, I'm no supermom. My cape is...well, I don't know. Anyway, with a whiny 4-month old in my moby wrap, I got most of it done. Then he really needed to nurse...so the oven stayed on for who knows how long. And the mess lingers. Whatever.

And where did my peaceful child go? He was active but peaceful. This past weekend he learned how to throw real fits. Where did that come from?

And the comparisons begin. Ever get compared to people you will NEVER measure up to? UGH!!! It's been happening since my teen years, and I HATE IT. "Well, so-and-so's children never do that. You should..."

Ok and the advice - thanks, I'll gladly take it. But then people get annoying. I was talking to a friend the other day who told me the most irritating thing to her when she was a first time mom was people telling her and then questioning what she should do with her kids. Advice - GREAT! The other stuff - leave it.

And he wakes...

No comments: