Monday, September 01, 2008

Still Here

Happy Labor Day.

We're still at the hospital, hoping my mom is released tomorrow after they complete a final heart test. Little by little she's been able to eat more every day. The key word there being LITTLE. Her nausea has been better managed, and her chest pressure has stopped. Her blood pressure is still bouncing all over the place and gets a bit high in the evenings, but we're hoping maybe the test tomorrow will reveal why. I don't really want it to reveal heart damage or anything, but I would like to know why the spikes in the blood pressure.

Other than that, things are okay here.

We've been keeping up with the democratic convention, the republican vp nomination and of course, Gustav. All very interesting. I don't typically comment on my political opinions, but let me just say that I was somewhat taken back by the VP nomination. Whether I think it's a positive or negative thing for the Republican party, I was a bit surprised.

1 comment:

Anya said...

So I'm guessing your mom is home now...hoo-ray! Any news on her heart?