Monday, May 31, 2010

Let It Be

The Beatles had it right: "Speaking words of wisdom, let it be." In my life, it's more like 'let it go.' That's what I've had to do in order to find peace. I've mentioned before how the perfectionist in me holds people to a certain starndard, and I base my acceptance (essentially that would mean love) of those people based on how well they perform. That's all according to my standards, of course. Over and over I keep on having to learn this lesson or something. I don't know why, but I just have issues.

This past weekend Nathan & I were having a good time until he brought up a particular subject and particular people we've known a while. People he knows I don't care for very much. They're nice, but I don't particularly care to call 'em up to see how they're doing. Nathan thought I should. I literally just told him, "Whatever."

My attitude went from bad to really bad over something really ridiculous. These people haven't done anything to me, but boy I could really come up with how they had hurt me indirectly.

So I decided to see what would happen if I just followed his advice a little bit rather than my own.

Ugh. It worked. All it took was a little minding my own business and a little kindness. And a little humility and a little bit of Jesus. *sigh* I'm such a mess.

1 comment:

THE Princess Bombshell* said...

Yea for doing something against your flesh! :-) It can never hurt.