Friday, March 23, 2007

one look at you

I guess the reason I wrote my last blog is that lately I've just become more sensitive to people and their pain. I was watching the news the other day, and I nearly broke down when I heard just a brief 30 second spot on teenage suicide. It just so grieves me to think that people, teenagers, kids can get to a place of hopelessness. If we've lost hope, we've lost it all. Without hope, there's nothing.

I've had some pretty low points in my life. I might have even repeated Job's words to God, "May the day perish on which I was born…Why did I not die at birth? Why did I not perish when I came from the womb?...Why is light given to him who is in misery and life to the bitter of soul who long for death…Your hands have made me and fashioned me…yet you would destroy me…why then have you brought me out of the womb?"

Yes, I've said these words before, BUT never during those times did I think of taking my own life. I have something that others don't have – I've always had hope. At times I may not have had much, but I had some nonetheless. I can't imagine not knowing that there will be light somewhere at the end of the tunnel. There are people without a hint of hope, and that breaks my heart. I may not be able to hug all the hurting people of this world, but I know I can at least touch one. You should try that today – be a lover of people – they are what truly matters.

No comments: